Welcome to a world of metal
Holme Dodsworth Metals are one of the UK's leading Non Ferrous stockists and a major Manufacturer's Agent for non-ferrous metals in all forms. Our branch network includes strategically placed sales operations and warehouses at Bristol, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Plymouth, Reading, Rotherham & Walsall.
Our roots go all the way back to 1879, however the company's current incarnation was founded on Newcastle Upon Tyne's bustling quayside in the mid 1960's. Whilst the intervening years have seen much structural change, our business has continue to expand across the country, while remaining UK family owned. With a policy of recruiting from local talent, supplemented in key roles by the best talent in the industry we believe our service level is first class.
In the early years of the business we were closely partnered with Shipbuilding and Repair, Power Generation and Transformer Manufacture as well as Coal Mining and Railway Industries. The years in between have seen many changes to these markets, however, through a policy of global sourcing and continual re-investment in our vast range of stock we are now a major strategic supplier to many Manufacturing and Repair industries throughout the UK and Europe.
We hold an unrivalled range of stock in round bar, square bar, flat bar, sections, rolled plate, sheet, shim, hollow bar and tubes, facilitated by strategic partnerships and sourcing from the best international manufacturers in the market today under the headings of:
- Free Machining Brasses, High Tensile Brasses, Naval Brass, Engraving Brass.
- High Conductivity Copper, Free Machining Copper and Deoxidised Copper.
- Gumetals, Phosphor Bronzes and Aluminium Bronzes
- Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys
- Continuously Cast Iron and Castings in Ni-resist and High Chrome alloys
- Stainless Steels in all grades
- Carbon & Alloy Steel, Tool Steels, Key Steel and Ground Flat Stock (inc Oil and Gas Grades)
- Miscellaneous items including Zinc Sheets, Tin Plate, Machined and Fabricated parts.
We look forward to working with you and becoming the reliable partner in your supply chain.